21 Oct 2016

Something in the Air - mostly at Mai Po

This post has nothing to do with the late, lamented "Thunderclap" Newman.

No, the title is about trying to establish a common theme for this post's photos...

Black Kite - trying to look like a "real" raptor

Black Kite


Common Greenshank

Mongolian Gull - one of several loafing youngsters through the Mai Po summer


Grey Heron

Purple Heron

Pale Martin - ours are race "fohkinensis"

Pied Kingfisher - male

Eastern Marsh Harrier

Eastern Marsh Harrier


Collared Crows

Black Drongo


There !    Mai Po has always got some variety.

And this post has less "waffle" from me than usual.

10 comments:

  1. BIFtastic John..................

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Stu - always lots of BIF over Mai Po !

      Delete
  2. Wonderful variety of images, John. I am sure that some of those unfamiliar gulls in juvenile plumage are going to give me fits when I visit Hong Kong!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, David, with difficult gulls I'll be little help - I find them a hard group.

      Delete
  3. I always look forward to your posts. Superb photos like always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and amazing photos, John!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some excellent flights shots. I like Black Kites even though I often take them for granted. They are superb fliers really. They make it look all too easy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Russell, I agree - I can be sarcastic about kites, but the skies would be duller without them !

      Delete